The Chiaroscuro Channel to present encore of WVIA-FM’s coverage of the 2018 Delaware Water Gap Celebration of the Arts over 11 days on WVIA HD3 and on the Chiaroscuro Streaming Channel, from January 21st through February 4.
WVIA-FM has been broadcasting music from Northeastern Pennsylvania’s premiere jazz festival annually since 1997, and 2018 marked the 41st Celebration of the Arts, which took place on a rainy weekend in the Poconos on September 8 and 9, 2018. The festival featured jazz performances from three venues, and the Chiaroscuro Channel will be presenting 11 hours of music from all three. In keeping with the festival’s tradition, each set features personnel connected to the Poconos Northeast, including world class artists and youthful up-and-coming performers from the COTA Cats and CampJazz.
Produced and presented by Chiaroscuro’s Director of Artistry and Repertoire George Graham, the broadcasts will be heard three times each day to accommodate the Chiaroscuro Channel’s worldwide streaming audience. Broadcasts will be presented Monday through Friday January 21 through 25, January 28 through February 1, with the final program on February 4. Each hour-long segment will be broadcast at 2 AM, 10 AM, and 6 PM Eastern time (0700, 1500 and 2300 GMT).
In addition to the music, there will also be some artist interviews.
- Monday, Jan. 21: The Pocono Jazz Quintet / Nancy & Spencer Reed with special guests (both from the main stage)
- Tuesday, Jan. 22: The Adam Niewood Trio (main stage) / Rich Jenkins (Deer Head Inn stage) / Mitchell Cheng Trio (Castle Inn stage)
- Wednesday, Jan. 23: The Jay Leonhart Trio (main stage) / Quartet: Locke, Goodwin, Ridl & Marino (Deer Head Inn stage)
- Thursday, Jan 24: The Water Gap Orchestra big band (main stage) / Nicholas Krolak Trio (Castle Inn Stage)
- Friday, Jan. 25: Johnny DeFrancesco group (main stage) / Jay Rattman & Glenn Zaleski (Deer Head Inn stage)
- Monday, Jan. 28: Co-Op Bop (main stage) / the COTA Cats student band with professional guests (Castle Inn stage)
- Tuesday, Jan. 29: Esteban Castro Trio (main stage under the tent) / Bill Goodwin Trio with vocalist Roseanna Vitro (Deer Head Inn stage)
- Wednesday, Jan. 30: Dave Liebman’s Expansions / New Kind of Talk (both from the main stage under the rain tent)
- Thursday, Jan 31: Jim Ridl Quartet featuring Terrell Stafford (main stage under the tent) / Mode for Joe duo (Washer & Ballantyne) (Deer Head Inn stage)
- Friday, Feb. 1: The Bill Mays Trio (Deer Head Inn Stage) / Vinnie Bianchi & La Cuchina (main stage under the tent)
- Monday , Feb. 4: Leftovers (tracks that had to be cut for time from previous segments) / Camp Jazz and emerging performers from the Castle Inn Stage